What separates Bluprint from other firms?
We specialize in using the newest technology and techniques and mixing it with proven organizing tactics
- We have success of winning recent campaigns in Iowa
- Our staff has diverse experience and past clients
- We offer competitive pricing for high level services
Bluprint provides a fresh approach to companies or issue groups that have not previously had an established brand
- Bluprint has helped launch many state campaigns and groups such as NextGen Climate Action, Ready for Hillary, America’s Renewable Future, and the Green Gravel Comedy Festival
- We can assist with both your brand and organizational development
We care about the projects we take on
- We have offered pro-bono services to local campaigns in Des Moines, Sioux City, and Davenport
- We will work with smaller campaigns and groups to provide professional services on a scale budget
who we are
Derek founded Bluprint Strategies in 2013. Derek specializes in campaign and public affairs management. Derek also serves as a principal for the Washington DC based Smoot Tewes Group. Derek’s current and past clients have included national and statewide campaigns, Fortune 75 companies, national issue advocacy organizations, festivals, large events, and local campaigns. Derek began his career as field staff for Democratic campaigns in Iowa and after working for President Obama’s Iowa political organization since 2007, He served as the General Election Director for the 2012 Iowa Obama Campaign. He is from Elmhurst, IL originally and lives in West Des Moines with his wife, two children, and bulldog. At one point Derek was an aspiring rock musician and tried out for the band Limp Bizkit.
Trent Schacht has been with Bluprint since January 2014. Trent specializes in digital strategy, graphic design, email management, website creation, and digital advertising. Trent served as the Digital Director for President Obama’s 2012 campaign after serving in a variety of organizing positions for OFA from 2008-2010. Trent has done digital work for many recent Iowa campaigns including the Bruce Braley , Brad Anderson, Tom Miller, Jack Hatch, and Monica Vernon campaigns. Trent is from West Des Moines, IA and currently lives in Des Moines with his wife and two dogs. Trent is an avid motorsports fan and has been to the Sturgis motorcycle rally on more than one occasion.
Tess joined Bluprint Strategies in 2015 after graduating from the University of Missouri School of Journalism. Although she’s a newcomer to the political world, Tess has worked on multiple digital campaigns, including running social media at the National Speech & Debate Tournament—the largest academic competition in the world—and pitching an advertising campaign to Purina. Outside of work, she enjoys visiting the local breweries and playing with her tuxedo cat, Bean. Tess still has a box of M&M’s that Bill Clinton gave her in 1999.